22nd Anniversary Celebration of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama’s Nobel Peace Prize Award and “March for Human Rights” on Human Rig
TIBETAN ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (TASC)
~ Saturday, December 10, 2011 ~
22nd Anniversary Celebration of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama’s Nobel Peace Prize Award and “March for Human Rights” on Human Rights Day *****PLEASE WEAR TIBETAN CLOTHES OR SOMETHING YELLOW*****
~ EVENTS AND LOCATIONS ~
1. EVENT A ~
22nd ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF HIS HOLINESS, THE DALAI LAMA’S
NOBEL PEACE PRIZE AWARD
- Location: VISTA HERMOSA PARK, 100 N. Toluca Street, Los Angeles, CA - 90026
- What: *****Potluck Lunch***** Please bring a dish to share
- Time: From 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Transportation Coordination:
From 1:00 – 1:30 p.m., we request that everyone coordinate/arrange their transportation so that you will have your car at the ending point, the Chinese Consulate. The following are options for transportation arrangements:
a. After the lunch at Vista Hermosa Park, the people who are driving cars with passengers participating in the MARCH can drop them off at the L.A. City Hall OR drive to the end point, the Chinese Consulate, and park the car there. Then take the Metro from the Vermont / Wilshire Station to the Civic Center Station (closest Metro station to the L.A. City Hall). Walk (approximately 5 minutes) from the Civic Center Metro station to the Los Angeles City Hall.
b. Note: Estimated time by Metro from Vermont/Wilshire Station to Civic Center Station is 18 – 20 minutes. Approximate Metro ride cost per person – one way = $1.50.
c. For people who do not want to walk in the MARCH, but want to participate in the protest, you can go to the Chinese Consulate after lunch and start the protest there; then, greet the Marchers upon their arrival.
2. EVENT B ~
“MARCH FOR HUMAN RIGHTS” – STARTING LOCATION
- Location: LOS ANGELES CITY HALL, 200 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA - 90012
- Time: Meet/assemble at 1:30 p.m.
- Program: Press Conference/Statements/Speeches from organizations
- March Starts: 2:00 p.m. ~ The walk will be approximately one hour in duration ~
3. EVENT C ~
- “MARCH FOR HUMAN RIGHTS” – ENDING LOCATION
- Location: THE CONSULATE OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
- 443 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA - 90020
- March Ends: 3:00 p.m.
- Program: 3:00 – 4:45 p.m.
- Conclusion: 5:00 p.m.