International Tibet Network recognizes its responsibility towards minimising the impact of our work and related activities on the environment. Tibet Network Secretariat has developed a number of key strategic points to ensure our minimal impact and encourage our member Groups to do likewise. We commit to:
- Take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our activities and ensure our actions, office spaces and services are able to adapt to environmental change;
- Monitor, manage, and minimise our waste production and ensure our operations are as efficient as possible including our use of energy, water, and single-use plastic
- Minimise the environmental impact of associated travel and commit to undertake journeys by train instead of flying whenever possible;
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services and commit to use sustainable products and recycled material for printing;
- Encourage and develop our staff, volunteers, partners, and stakeholders to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- To ensure we meet our commitments, we undertake to periodically monitor and review our environmental performance and take corrective action where necessary.
This policy will be reviewed annually.
LAST REVIEWED: March 2021