Address: Barrio Amón, 400 mts. norte y 60 mts. oeste Templo de la Música (Parque Morazán),
San José, Costa Rica
Main Contact: Maritza Pacheco
Phone: (506) 2258-0254
Established legally in 1989, the ACTC is identified with the legal cedúla # 3-002-106049 and is a non-profit organization. Its fundamental principles are:
- Promote the Tibetan culture in Costa Rica and sponsor its preservation through activities and projects of a socio-cultural nature.
- Disseminate the Buddhadharma, promoting education and spiritual elevation according to its ethical principles, love, compassion and altruism, in addition to promoting teaching and promoting the practice of Mahayana Buddhism according to the Tibetan method, through the participation and instruction imparted by highly qualified and recognized teachers.
- To strengthen the intellectual and spiritual ties between Tibet and Costa Rica, fostering friendly relations, humanitarian cooperation and constructive dialogue between their respective governments and peoples.
- Encourage collaboration and coordination with other humanitarian and religious groups to carry out, jointly or separately, activities of social, cultural and spiritual benefit.
- Act as Support Group to the Government of Tibet in exile and to the cause of the Tibetan people.
Since 1994, the association is a member of the International Network of Support Groups to Tibet and participates in numerous meetings of that entity at an international level as well as in the campaign in favor of the Tibetan cause that this organization promotes worldwide. The Tibetan-Costa Rican Cultural Association has been the link since 1990 to carry out diplomatic approaches between the representatives of the Government of Tibet in Exile and the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of Costa Rica, seeking to obtain a clearer and more concrete political support for the Tibetan cause, both nationally and in appropriate international forums.