Address: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Main Contact: Sherap Therchin
The Canada Tibet Committee defends and promotes human rights and democratic freedoms of the Tibetan people. The CTC monitors developments inside Tibet and builds public awareness in Canada through its outreach activities. The CTC encourages support for Tibet from the Government and Parliament of Canada.
The Canada Tibet Committee achieves its goals by:
- Engaging current foreign policy debates in Canada;
- Meeting with parliamentarians and government officials;
- Organizing policy seminars and cultural events;
- Conducting research and publishing reports;
- Collaborating with like-minded organizations across Canada.
The Canada Tibet Committee aspires to a world in which Tibet is a Zone of Peace – a neutral, demilitarized sanctuary where weapons are forbidden and where all people fully enjoy their human rights and live in harmony with nature.
- Non-violence, tolerance, and compassion as our strategy;
- Volunteerism; openness; and integrity as our method;
- Respect for the Tibetan people’s democratic process as our guiding principle.