Address: יטי”ב, ת.ד. 7972, ירושלים 91079
Main Contact: Susan Dayan
The Israeli Friends of the Tibetan People in Israel (YITV) was founded in 1989 by a group of Israelis.
YITIV’s goal is to assist the Tibetan people in exile and to raise public awareness of the story of Tibet in all its activities, in direct contact with the Tibetan Government-in-exile, and to respond to the needs of its members.
These goals are:
- providing “human capital” to the Tibetan diaspora – sending Israeli experts and volunteers in various fields (agricultural development, cultural preservation, computerization, medicine, and education) for counseling and guidance to the Tibetan diaspora community.
- Bringing Tibetan students to Israel for the purpose of studying and training in agriculture
- Economic support and assistance in the education of needy Tibetan children.
- Organizing the visits of the 14th Dalai Lama in Israel.
- International cooperation with support groups in Tibet and
- in many public relations activities in Israel and in Tibet and Tibetan culture.