Address: 22, Boulevard Joseph II, Luxembourg
Main Contact: Florence Burette
Phone: +352 26 44 00 80
The association Les Amis du Tibet, Luxembourg (Friends of Tibet Luxembourg) was founded in 1995. The association was accepted as a Luxembourg NGO in 1997 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which has enabled more than 30 development projects to be undertaken, co-funded by the Ministry of Cooperation. To celebrate its 10th anniversary, the association invited His Holiness the Dalai Lama to give a public lecture in Luxembourg, which more than 6,000 people attended. At present, the association has almost 600 members.
The objectives of Les Amis du Tibet Luxembourg are:
- to support and assist the Tibetan people in their efforts to survive, to safeguard their national, cultural and religious identity and to establish their right to self-determination;
- to work by peaceful means to attain respect for human rights with regard to the Tibetan people;
- to make the general public aware of the urgent need to safeguard and restore the cultural and ecological heritage of Tibet;
- to initiate and support cooperative development projects for the Tibetan community in India and Nepal, especially in education and health
- to sponsor Tibetan children in order to fund their education in Tibetan schools in India: currently more than 100 pupils are supported by the association’s members.