Address: Haus der Demokratie und Menschenrechte
Greifswalder Straße 4
Main Contact: Nadine Baumann
Phone: +49 (0)30 420815 35
Since its creation, TID has been fighting for the Tibetan people’s right to self-determination and the protection of their human rights.
TID works to influence the People’s Republic of China through nonviolent means to put an end to arbitrary arrests, torture, and political and cultural oppression in Tibet. The central office in Berlin coordinates actions which are carried out by 60 volunteer groups as well as up to 2,000 devoted members throughout Germany.
What we do
- Collect and publicize information in order to clarify the current situation in Tibet for the public.
- Organize demonstrations, vigils and political events in protest against the ongoing oppression of the Tibetan people.
- Maintain contact with political decision makers in order to exert influence on the Chinese government.
- Fight for the release of Tibetan political prisoners with our FREE ME campaign.
- Mobilize mayors to raise the Tibetan national flag all over Germany on March 10.
- Work closely with the Association of Tibetans in Germany (VTD) and other Tibetan organisations.
- Maintain contact with the Offices of the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Government in Exile in Europe and in Dharamsala, India.
- Work closely with our international partner organisations as an active member of the International Tibet Network (ITN).