Address: 2 Baltic Place, London N1 5AQ
Main Contact: Karma Chura-Tsang
Phone: +44 20 7923 0021
Tibet Society, the world’s first Tibet support group, was founded within weeks of the Dalai Lama reaching India in 1959. Funded by its members, it has been working for over 50 years to seek justice for Tibet through parliamentary lobbying, campaigns and actions.
Tibet Society works for the freedom of the Tibetan people and their right to self-determination by:
- Seeking negotiation and change through dialogue
- Promoting understanding of Tibet’s history, culture, and religion
- Lobbying the UK government through the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Tibet
- Fostering a greater understanding between parliamentarians from the UK and the Tibetan Parliament in Exile
- Supporting Tibetans in the UK to make their voice heard
- Helping the Tibetan Government in Exile in their democratic processes.